Saturday, December 27, 2008

Strawberries and chocolate

Well, I did my first ganache covered cake with chocolate covered strawberries. I was really worried I wouldn't be able to pour the ganache over the cake right... I really should have practiced,lol. It turned out okay... I learned a lot though for next time,lol. Here is the picture...



I can't wait for my Sister in law, Jessi to come out and work on cakes with me this next week! I am so excited to see everyone! We had a good Christmas. Jaysen and Braxton were with Cody for Christmas so I was really bummed not to have them here, but Santa came the Saturday before Christmas, and we had our own Christmas early. With all of the presents opened before Christmas, it was nice to just stay home and relax. I didn't have the ingredients I needed to make the 2 wedding cakes for this morning, otherwise I probably would have been baking all day. In the end, it was nice to be able to remember what Christmas is all about and just slow down for a day and enjoy the things that matter. The cakes always get done in time... even though I don't get to sleep... they get done! I have a few for next week that Jessi is going to come out and help with, and a bridal fair on Jan. 30th that I am making 16 fake cakes for. It will be a crazy month! All of my brothers and sisters, and their families, and my mom are coming out to our house for New Year's Day and I can't wait! I haven't seen most of my nieces for 2 years! Boy oh boy do I miss them! It will be nice to have the family all together.

I went and saw Twilight tonight with my friend Lindsay. I wasn't expecting it to be good at all... maybe that is why I liked it so much. I have read all of the books, but haven't had any time to actually go and see the movie. I really enjoyed it, which surprised me. Of course it wasn't as good as the book, I guess cramming 500 pages into a 2 hour movie they really have no choice but to leave somethings out.

Off to bed.... buh bye~

1 comment: