Wow it's been a long time since I've posted! I hope that everyone is doing well... We are getting settled in our new house and I must say that I love it here! It is amazing what just a few blocks makes! We are on the more open part of the lake and the water is so much more clean! We love watching the wildlife over here... there is always something to see! Ali, Grant, and Drextin came for the weekend and mom stopped by Sunday to see the house. Thank goodness for Ali helping me unpack some things I have been putting off. She really helped me get organized.... which really seems impossible with 4 boys sometimes,lol. The Bass and Blue Gill seem to have gone to the deeper, warmer water for the winter, but the huge nasty Carp are still around. The kids think it is so fun to catch them... Of course Abron had to catch one with only me here with him. I don't know what it is about touching Carp, but I just can't get myself to do it! I made Radell come from the other house (He was patching holes,etc.) to get it off the hook! I made Abron try but his fingers weren't strong enough to pull the hook out,lol. I've had a little break from cakes which worked out for the better.... there is no way I would have been able to get them done with being so sick and then moving. I didn't get to make Bode and Darci's 1st Birthday cakes, which really bummed me out because I was so excited to. I would have felt worse if I got everyone sick though!!! My 30th Birthday fit perfect with how I felt about turning 30.... I felt like I was on my death bed sick! Probably one of the worse days of my life! I am still recovering! It really wiped me out! Rad started his new job last Wednesday. He is the Assistant Bakery Manager for Harmons. He basically does payroll, accounts payable/receivable, ordering, inventory,etc. We wanted to be able to have some off time from cakes, so with him having this job we won't have to overload ourselves with cakes like this past summer. I can just take on my Reception Center Cakes and then whatever I decide I want to do, rather than every cake that comes my way. No more of the 16-20 per week like we did over the summer. Well I'd better get going... Abron is wanting Mac & Cheese... he has been wanting it for an hour now and it is only 10:30 am.... He told me, "But I ate my Breakfast all gone!" He is quite the crazy one,lol. He has had a hard time adjusting to the toilets here lol. He is a little afraid of them. Everytime he flushes it he runs to me and tells me it is "over-floating". I can't figure out why he thinks they are going to overflow,lol. They seem regular to me.
Ta-Ta for now...
Sounds like life has been pretty crazy! I am glad you are getting settled in and feeling better. I didn't know you moved! We just had a shower for Dad's fiancee and you probably didn't get the invite I sent. I'll have to call you for your new address so Dad can send you a wedding announcement to the right place. I'm glad you are enjoying more family time. That is so nice! Enjoy! Danielle
ReplyDeleteIt good to see you on here again. Love the pictures. Hope you're coming for Thanksgiving.
ReplyDelete