Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Crazy... Crazy Week!!! Real Salt Lake Soccer Cake!

We did it! We actually found enough time last week to finish all of these cakes. Not sure how we pulled it off, might have had to do with the fact that I didn't sleep hardly at all!





Under this sheet is one BIG cake!

Here is my journey...









Radell thankfully made me an awesome set up to hold this 200 pound cake! He first shaped the wings, tail, and engines out of foam...



Here is the massive support that would soon hold the cake!!




Doesn't look very yummy at this point... but this is the starting point before carving the plane




Here it is all carved and butter creamed.... lots and lots of butter cream!






Here is after we put the fondant on... wasn't thrilled because we didn't roll it out wide enough so we had to stretch it a bit which left bumps... there was no turning back unless I wanted to make another 18 pounds of fondant... NO WAY... at this point it was 3 in the morning and knew I wouldn't have time anyway... it had to do!





This is the crowd waiting to see the real plane



Here is the actual awesome plane! Go Real!





The final plane cake! 6 1/2 FEET long!! Here is Rad and I with some of the players... fun, fun!



Here we are with Leo... we let him do the honors of cutting it.



A little sad to see, but here is the cake as we were finishing up. Sad to think that just in a matter of a few HOURS of finishing this cake... this is what it looked like,lol.

Mom came and helped us serve the massive cake and the 6 sheet cakes we brought along.... THANK YOU MOM! Rad and I were walking zombie's because of 2 days of no sleep! Even though they really didn't give us the exposure we would have liked, they are making it up to us in August at one of the half time shows. The boys get to be apart of the half time show and ring the gong. They are also going to put the cake up on the big screen and mention Bayshore Cakes. It will be a fun day for the boys!


Here are the rest of the cakes we did last week..... I'm sure that you heard of the I-80 Crash that trapped everyone in Tooele!!! Well, yes I was one of them only I had 4 wedding cakes and a birthday cake with me!!! I am so greatful Brides who understood that I would be late... luckily they don't eat the cake until the Reception. I had to go around the mountain the other way and pop out in Lehi... traffic was backed up there too... ugh 4 hours delivering cakes, not exactly a fun day!!! Glad it's a new week!
















































2 comments:

  1. OMG! Just found your blog Rachel and the plane cake is AWESOME! You did such a wonderful job!!
    Keep up the great work!

    -Jenniffer
    http://cupadeecakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete