Things have been so crazy since I last posted. The Bridal Fair went far better than I expected! I met with hundreds of Brides and everyone that they brought along with them! I really find it funny how some of the moms try to relive their wedding through their daughters,lol. Anyway, I ended up with 14 appointments for the cake testing I had the Saturday after the Bridal Fair, all of which booked wedding cakes with me! I have another cake testing this Saturday which is booking up really quick just like the last one. I hope it is as successfull as the last one. Next Saturday I have another Bridal Fair at the Gate Way and hope it all goes well! I am just glad that I have all of the cakes done from the last one, so that eases stress! This weekend aside from making 40 trays of 10 different flavored mini cupcakes and fillings, I have 2 Birthday cakes and a wedding cake all for Saturday! I really wish the bakery was finished so that I could have more room,lol. It is just teasing me down there, all of the cupboards are installed, countertops done, sink ready to go, ovens working great, floor done.... what's holding me up? A fridge and a thick layer of saw dust! I should be getting my fridge tomorrow, so after that I'll be good to go! I wont have time until Saturday night late or Monday to get it all cleaned up and ready to go, but I look forward to next week! I have sooooo much room! I will post pictures when it is all finished up. Radell has sure been a trooper working with a thumb that still has a hook coming out of the top! He hasn't slowed down a bit! He has managed to work the same amount of hours as he normally does and build the bakery... I am so thankful for him! The kids have been really good at helping him out in the bakery. I'm not too sure if they help or slow him down, but they really enjoy thinking they are helping and spending time with Radell learning how to build things and put water lines in. Abron runs around thinking he is sweeping up saw dust, just to spread it everywhere making a bigger mess. At least it keeps him busy! He is into everything lately! Still not potty trained... still refuses to go even close to any toilet! I make him sit on it all the time out in the living room, and he will hold it in for hours, crying the whole time. When he finally gets off, his legs have a dark red toilet mark on them from sitting there so long. Uggg, I don't know what to do. I have always been against punishing kids for not using the toilet, but I think it might just have to get to that point, I don't know what to do anymore. Maybe some time in the corner (which he hates!) would do the trick???? Or it could backfire and just make it worse. HELP! I wish there was a potty training boot camp I could send him off to,lol. Well here is the picture of the booth. Talk to everyone later!
Your booth looks great. I'm glad the Bridal Fair went well. I'm sure the other one will too. Good luck with keeping up with all your orders!
ReplyDeleteYour booth looks great. I'm glad that the fair went well. Good luck keeping up with the orders.
ReplyDeleteRachel, you're awesome! You do such a great job with the cakes, keep up the good work. As for Abron and the potty training. I've always been told you can't force them. When he is ready, he will do it and he will do it quick. Maybe give him a few months and try again, that's what I did with Drew. I dropped it completely for a couple of months and then tried again and it worked. He will do it, it just might take a little while. Good luck! Just send him to my house for the weekend and Andy can do it!!!!!
ReplyDeleterachel your cakes are amazing! i was just at ali's shop and they look sooooo good! and i would love to get more pictures of clint if you can find them. It's so much fun for me to compare! i just have the one i scanned.
ReplyDelete